I would say I am pretty far along. I've been interested in web 2.0 initiatives for years. I use a lot of the tools on 23 things for myself, to share things with friends and family.
As for the library mostly I am interested in what Metadata Schema can do for libraries and the communities they serve, and new developments in Next Gen Opacs. I can't wait until I can get my hands on Innovative Encore to check out all the 2.0 features. I really like what Anne Arbor did with their SOPAC, and when I have time I will delve into Vufind. Coming from an academic library background I am really interested in federated searching it makes the searching of Articles and Monographs so much easier for students and staff.
2.0 initiatives already are being used in a lot of ways by different libraries, but most of all by libraries younger uses. Librarians have to learn and keep up if we want to stay relevant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome to 23 Things on a Stick! I'm glad I didn't have to follow through on my thin mint threat to Tyler. You've given me some good ideas of stuff to investigate already, so I'm glad you're here.
Anyway, you can visit the other SELS member blogs here and then you can find all your like-minded catalogers.
Post a Comment