Friday, February 15, 2008
Thing 3: RSS Feeds
I've been a big fan of Gmail and Google for years. And so naturally I've been using Google reader for sometime. I always added blogs to my reader as I happened upon them. I didn't realize that Google had a beta search for blogs. So I had some fun searching around for different blogs. I keep folders in Google Reader of Cataloging & Metadata blogs, Knitting blogs, Travel Blogs, and general librarian blogs. Plus I have subscribed to Google Readers News, Entertainment, and finance bundles. Of course of all this stuff in my RSS feeds I actually only read a portion of the entries at any given time usually I am just checking headlines. The one blog I read the most is called Yarnharlot. Shes a knitter/writer/humorist from Canada that is always amusing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi -- I'm a 23'er and also a sockknitter. Have you looked at Ravelry.com? An invitation-only site, hundreds of new members join daily. Great for cataloging projects and yarn as well as looking at others' beautiful work.
Gretchen
Congrats on getting started with 23 Things on a Stick! Three done and only 20 more to do.
SELCO staff, including me, will be working through the program as well. We hope to have fun along the way and will offer the opportunity for regional prizes to all who complete the program by National Library Week. Enjoy!
Ann Hutton at SELCO
Post a Comment